According to the United States Department of Labor, in 2014 data scientists in New Hampshire working in operations research were counted among the fastest growing occupations in the state. Data scientists working in the area of computer and information research science were named among the state’s top 50 highest-salaried jobs.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
In that same, New Hampshire was recognized for awarding data science professionals in some of the largest salaries in the United States.
For example, as of 2014:
- New Hampshire was the second highest paying state for data scientists working in computer and information research science nationwide. The 280 computer and information research scientists working in New Hampshire earned an average annual salary close to $130,000.
- The Nashua, NH-MA division was among the top ten highest paying metropolitan areas for data scientists working in operations research in the country. The 50 operations research data science specialists employed here earned an average annual salary of roughly $104,000.
- The Western New Hampshire nonmetropolitan area was the third highest paying nonmetropolitan area for data scientists in the financial services industry nationwide. The 60 that worked here received an average annual salary of nearly $100,000.
Starting Salary Ranges for Data Scientist in New Hampshire’s Major Cities
In 2015, the Governor’s Office along with the Department of Resources and Economic Development and the Business Finance Authority created the “Live Free and Start” initiative. The initiative’s primary objective is to help innovative startups to originate and spread across the state, thereby generating more jobs and higher pay for tech workers like data scientists.
Examples of local companies that have benefitted from services rendered through Live Free and Start include:
- Retrieve Technologies
- Edge Velocity
- Avitide, Inc.
Alpha Loft, a non-profit organization with offices in Durham, Manchester, and Portsmouth is another major tech player helping to elevate better salary opportunities for data scientists in New Hampshire. In 2016, Alpha Loft’s Accelerate NH project provided the following startups with the workspace, networking, and educational resources needed to succeed:
- Higher Ed Profiles
- Daycare List
- Nobel Coffee
The Manchester-Nashua metropolitan area is often a go-to spot for jobseeking data scientists to find high-salaried gigs because both Dell and Hewlett Packard have establishments here. The presence of these software giants is a main reason that ZipRecruiter named the Manchester-Nashua locale among its list of “Top Ten Up-And-Coming Cities for Tech Jobs” in 2015.
Data scientist starting salaries are generally consistent throughout most cities in New Hampshire, typically falling between $122,000 to $172,000 annually. All salary data is provided by Robert Half Technology, an IT staffing firm that is able to calculate starting salary ranges based on job placements in previous years. Salary figures exclude bonus payments and other incentives.
- Manchester: $122,000-$172,000
- Nashua: $122,000-$172,000
- Berlin: $122,000-$172,000
- Lancaster: $122,000-$172,000
- Concord: $122,000-$172,000
- Derry: $122,000-$172,000
- Dover: $94,000-$132,000
- Rochester: $122,000-$172,000
Salary Information for Data Scientists in Nevada by Area of Focus and Industry
In 2014, the United States Department of Labor published extensive salary information for master’s-prepared data scientists in a number of industries and specialized roles in Nevada. 90th percentile averages are shown to reflect the higher salaries associated with master’s-educated data scientists:
Computer and Information Research Science
The US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics information shown here reflects salary data for broad occupational classifications that include data scientists. These estimates are expressed as 90th percentile averages to reflect the fact that data scientists are recognized as the top earners within each classification.
Advertised Starting Salary Offers for Data Scientists in New Hampshire
Many data science professionals in New Hampshire resort to job aggregation websites to attain the most up-to-date salary information from local employers. In January 2016, the following employers posted online advertisements for data science jobs in New Hampshire:
- Liberty Mutual looked to hire a Director I, Data Scientist in Keene, NH at starting salary that ranged between $114,000-$142,000.
- Liberty Mutual also had a lead data science job opening in Dover, NH which offered a starting salary within the range of $88,8000-$112,900.