DataScienceGraduatePrograms.com is owned and operated by Wiley University Services. Our content originates from many different education content writers. Our views and opinions are our own and for information purposes only. We want this website to serve as a directory guide, or an on-ramp, for educational programs as you explore the many options available. Please note the higher ed landscape is expansive; we do not include every option available and encourage you to conduct your own independent research.
Please view our advertiser disclosure to learn more about our content, how we are compensated, and what to expect if you submit a request for information form.
To get in contact with us for updates or anything else, please email here: [email protected].
Data science has come into its own, giving rise to a new field of study that blends skills drawn from the quantitative fields of statistics, computer science and applied mathematics. While degree majors in areas like business intelligence and financial analytics have historically served as the foundation for the profession, a whole new option has emerged specifically designed to develop the multidisciplinary skills needed to meet the expectations of employers from every sector looking for new ways to exploit massive data assets.
Even as the field defines itself and data science graduate programs are developed to build on the skills of programmers, statisticians and mathematicians, few resources exist to offer guidance.
In developing DataScienceGraduatePrograms.com, we set out to change all that.
In developing DataScienceGraduatePrograms.com we relied on a group of talented data scientists to provide guidance. We asked them to describe the kind of resource they would’ve wanted when selecting an advanced degree program and preparing for graduate school. We took those insights to heart and set out to create the first-of-its-kind, free, comprehensive resource dedicated exclusively to advanced studies in data science.
Dr. Bhushan Kapoor – Dr. Kapoor is professor and chairman with the Department of Information Systems and Decision Sciences (ISDS) within the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics at Cal State – Fullerton. He has contributed literature widely recognized as standard reading in the field, and has presented his research at conferences around the world. As an ISDS department chairman, Dr. Kapoor has also helped develop new undergraduate and graduate programs in data science at Cal State.
We also relied on our dedicated team of staff writers, each with years of experience writing on topics related to education, technology and the sciences.
Our goal here at DataScienceGraduatePrograms.com is simple: We want to give prospective graduate students a clear picture of what a career in data science looks like, and offer guidance on how to get there.
Here you will find …
- Details on how state and municipal governments are working with the private sector to invest in everything from digital infrastructure to education designed to support the advancement of data science
- State guides on data science graduate program options, how to prepare for graduate school, and the top employers of master’s-prepared data scientists in each state
- Guides to MOOCs, bootcamps and bridge courses designed to fill gaps in functional knowledge before beginning graduate studies
- Resources designed to provide a clear understanding of the tools, methods and practices of data science in its many applications
- The latest salary trends in the field based on surveys conducted by leading tech industry job market research firms
- A clearinghouse of certifications employers most often look for when recruiting data scientists
- Fundamentals on the data science process and how it fits into the big picture in meeting the objectives of business and government